Southern Oregon Kennel Club Scholarship
Sponsored by the Southern Oregon Kennel Club
265 Murphy Gulch Road
Rogue River, OR 97537
Value of Scholarships
One $1000 scholarship to the post-secondary school of the winner’s choice, and one $500 scholarship to a specialty certification for a Veterinary Assistant course. One scholarship for each type may be awarded annually. In either case, the applicant must be enrolled by the winter term of the year following the award or the scholarship may be awarded to the first alternate.
Applicant must be a resident of the state of Oregon and the area served by the Southern Oregon Kennel Club (primarily the counties of Jackson, Josephine, Klamath and Curry) There are no specific academic or financial needs requirements. Participating in dog-related activities and/or planning a career in the veterinary sciences area is highly desirable. Class ranking and GPA will not be a major criteria but academic standing may be considered.
Applications must be received by the Southern Oregon Kennel Club no later than February 15th of each year.
Please insure that you provide ALL information listed below. Send everything in a single envelope.
- Complete and submit the attached application form for the Southern Oregon Kennel Club Scholarship.
- Write and submit an essay, minimum of one page and a maximum of three pages, showing how you have benefited from participating in one or more dog-related activities.
- Provide recommendations from at least two different people who know you (other than your parents or siblings): e.g., 4-H leader, teacher, dog show judge, kennel club member, animal shelter worker, clergy, coach, dog trainer, etc.
- Include information about your activities and service in dog-related activities (e.g., 4-H, dog showing animal shelter work, etc.) as well as school, community and other volunteer activities, include any awards that you have received. Attach a separate page if necessary.
- All applications will be reviewed by the members of the Southern Oregon Kennel Club Scholarship Committee and, based upon their recommendations, a scholarship may be awarded.
Download Application: Word Doc PDF