Cutting dogs some slack | MailTribune.com (click to see entire article)
ASHLAND — The Ashland Parks and Recreation Department will loosen some of its rules banning dogs from most developed parks as soon as workers can install waste bag stations and signs notifying people of the changes.
NEW RULES FOR CANINES IN ASHLAND
Dogs are not allowed in Lithia Park or North Mountain Park.
Dogs must be on a leash 6 feet long or less in neighborhood parks.
- Dogs can walk along sidewalks and paved paths, and up to 6 feet off the edge of the hard surfaces.
- Dog owners must keep their pets on a leash and keep the leash in their possession.
- Dog owners must carry bags to clean up dog waste immediately.
- Failure to clean up the waste can result in a fine of $200 per violation.
- The changes are on a one-year trial basis.
Bookmark the permalink.